Sunday, February 8, 2009

Escape From the Bush Fire at Maryville




I was lucky on Saturday. Gerry and I had checked in to a motel in Marysville. We wanted a short trip during the weekend and never think of the bush fire will come to the Yarra Valley.

At about 3.57pm, we were ask to leave the motel and head to Alexander. At first, we thought of going back home but in the end we can't. All the roads that we could go back home were closed. We have no choice but to head to Eildon. We had to stay there for a night and waited for the situation to be better.

Luckily today one of the road had open and we managed to drive back home . We watched the news and Marysville was totally destroyed by the bush fire. We felt that we are very lukcy and managed to stay alive. In the news, there were 65 deaths at the moment.

Anyway I glad to be home now.

No comments: